Now hiring: Library Assistant (Ref: LAX022522)
First review of applications: March 11, 2022. Open until filled.
The Germantown Public Library is now looking for a motivated team player to fill the position of Library Assistant. Be a part of an organization dedicated to delivering excellent service to our patrons through our physical and electronic materials, programming, and outreach.
The Library Assistant requires considerable contact with the public and performs a variety of functions including, but not limited to circulation and registration, placing reserves and may perform basic reference service and assist patrons in finding specific materials and other forms of patron assistance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provides excellent customer service to library patrons (checking in and checking out materials, answering telephone and email queries, reference, and directional questions, etc.).
• Assisting patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and virtual materials.
• Processes book drop returns, sorts delivery and mail, and searches for holds and missing items.
• Shelves library materials and helps management maintain the integrity of our physical items. Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent customer service, using interpersonal skills and communication to develop and maintain working relationships with co-workers, patrons, vendors, and/or representatives of other agencies creating positive community relationships.
• Ability to work independently and multitask.
• Ability to helpfully communicate with the public to determine customer needs.
• General use of personal computer software or systems applicable to the essential functions of the job. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 40 pounds. Must be able to bend and reach.
The Library may hire this position as a Library Assistant I, II, or III based on education and experience. Compensation commensurate with position title and established salary schedule. The hiring range for this advertisement is $9.25 - $12.43 per hour. Schedule includes shifts M-F 12 pm- 6 pm and Saturdays from 10 am-3 pm.
Some Saturday shifts will be required for this advertisement. Approx. 20-35 hours per week.
If you are interested, please fill out an application and drop it off at the circulation desk. Or email scanned application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Germantown Public Library 51 N. Plum St. Germantown, OH 45327 937-855-4001
Germantown Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Note: This job posting describes the nature and level of assignments normally given in this position.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties; additional related duties may be assigned.